The Pictorial Quilts
of Carol Goddu
Anything Goes (1991)
- A 1920's night club celebration scene with couples dancing the Charleston.
47" x 82".
- The award winning Anything Goes is one of 20 quilts and wallhangings
RELIEF APPLIQUE: THE PICTORIAL QUILTS OF CAROL GODDU.
About the Book
- "In ten years of pictorial quilting my subjects have taken me
across the centuries, to exotic lands, and into the realms of dance, theatre
and fairy tale and myth. This book is a record of my journey." writes
Carol Goddu in the introduction to RELIEF APPLIQUE.
- The journey is illustrated here in 85 colour plates showing 20 of Carol's
works including Anything Goes, portraits of
Henry VIII, Lady Jane Grey and Elizabeth I, a depiction of Peter Pan, a
Russian Fairy Tale and an Arabian Nights Fantasy.
- This introduction to pictorial applique in the third dimension also
includes two explanatory appendices allowing readers to see step by step
how Carol constructed two of the quilts illustrated in the book.
- RELIEF APPLIQUE: THE PICTORIAL QUILTS OF CAROL GODDU was
published and copyrighted in 1991 by Night Owl Press. ISBN 0-9695312-0-6.
How to Order
- RELIEF APPLIQUE: THE PICTORIAL QUILTS OF CAROL GODDU
is available from Night Owl Publishing for $30.
Send your cheque or money order to 1166 Whiteoaks Avenue, Mississauga,
Ontario, Canada, L5J 3B5.